Microsoft InfoPath 2010
You will learn how to use InfoPath to gather and share information by creating and implementing XML-based forms.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create InfoPath forms.
- import and export forms.
- customize a form layout.
- manage views.
- apply security to forms.
- distribute forms.
- manage controls.
- work with a database.
This course is targeted for persons with Web design experience, form administrators, information coordinators, and Microsoft Office system power users who need to gather, reuse, distribute, and collaborate using XML-based forms.
Students taking this class should have proficiency in Microsoft Office products, concentrating in forms development and experience working in a tagged environment (such as HTML or Frame maker with SGML).
Lesson 1: Creating InfoPath Forms
- Topic 1A: Explore the InfoPath 2010 Interface
- Topic 1B: Draft a Form
- Topic 1C: Add Data Validation Rules
- Topic 1D: Test a Form
Lesson 2: Importing and Exporting Forms
- Topic 2A: Import Form Data Using InfoPath Designer
- Topic 2B: Export Form Data to Excel Using InfoPath Filler
- Topic 2C: Export Form Data to the Web Using InfoPath Filler
Lesson 3: Customizing Form Layouts
- Topic 3A: Customize Tables
- Topic 3B: Format a Form
- Topic 3C: Insert Graphical Objects
- Topic 3D: Create Sections
- Topic 3E: Merge Forms
Lesson 4: Managing Views
- Topic 4A: Create Custom Views
- Topic 4B: Assign User Roles to a View
Lesson 5: Applying Security to Forms
- Topic 5A: Protect InfoPath Forms
- Topic 5B: Restrict Access to a Form
- Topic 5C: Set Security Zones
Lesson 6: Distributing Forms
- Topic 6A: Publish a Form
- Topic 6B: Publish a Form to Email Recipients
- Topic 6C: Troubleshoot Publishing Problems
Lesson 7: Managing Controls
- Topic 7A: Describe Data Source Concepts
- Topic 7B: Customize Controls
- Topic 7C: Bind Controls
Lesson 8: Working with a Database
- Topic 8A: Develop a Form from a Database
- Topic 8B: Use InfoPath Forms to Add Records to a Database
- Topic 8C: Use InfoPath Forms to Query a Database
- Topic 8D: Populate Form Controls from a Database