PowerPoint 2013 Part 1
It’s hard to imagine a day going by without people passing along large amounts of information. Messages are everywhere, & the number of messages we receive seems to be increasing each day. Whether via phone, email, mass media, or personal interaction, we are subjected to a constant stream of information. With so much communication to contend with, it can be difficult to grab people’s attention. But, we are often called upon to do just that. So, how do you grab & maintain an audience’s focus when you’re asked to present important information? By being clear, organized, & engaging. &, that is exactly what Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2013 can help you do.
Gone are the days of flip charts or drawing on a white board to illustrate your point. Today’s audiences are tech savvy, accustomed to high-impact multimedia content, & stretched for time. By learning how to use the vast array of features & functionality contained within Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2013, you will gain the ability to organize your content, enhance it with high-impact visuals, & deliver it with a punch. In this course, you will use PowerPoint 2013 to begin creating engaging, dynamic multimedia presentations.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to create & deliver engaging multimedia presentations that convey the key points of your message through the use of text, graphics, & animations. You will be able to:
- Identify the basic features & functions of PowerPoint 2013.
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation.
- Perform advanced text editing.
- Add graphical elements to a presentation.
- Modify objects in a presentation.
- Add tables to a presentation.
- Add charts to a presentation.
- Prepare to deliver a presentation.
This course is designed for students who wish to gain a foundation underst&ing of Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013 that is necessary to create & develop engaging multimedia presentations.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with PowerPoint®
- Topic A: Navigate the PowerPoint Environment
- Topic B: Create & Save a PowerPoint Presentation
- Topic C: Use Help
Lesson 2: Developing a PowerPoint® Presentation
- Topic A: Select a Presentation Type
- Topic B: View & Navigate a Presentation
- Topic C: Edit Text
- Topic D: Build a Presentation
Lesson 3: Performing Advanced Text Editing
- Topic A: Format Characters
- Topic B: Format Paragraphs
- Topic C: Format Text Boxes
Lesson 4: Adding Graphical Elements to Your Presentation
- Topic A: Insert Clip Art & Images
- Topic B: Insert Shapes
Lesson 5: Modifying Objects in Your Presentation
- Topic A: Edit Objects
- Topic B: Format Objects
- Topic C: Group Objects
- Topic D: Arrange Objects
- Topic E: Animate Objects
Lesson 6: Adding Tables to Your Presentation
- Topic A: Create a Table
- Topic B: Format a Table
- Topic C: Insert a Table from Other Microsoft Office Applications
Lesson 7: Adding Charts to Your Presentation
- Topic A: Create a Chart
- Topic B: Format a Chart
- Topic C: Insert a Chart from Microsoft Excel
Lesson 8: Preparing to Deliver Your Presentation
- Topic A: Review Your Presentation
- Topic B: Apply Transitions
- Topic C: Print Your Presentation
- Topic D: Deliver Your Presentation
Appendix A: Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013 Exam 77-422
Appendix B: Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 Common Keyboard Shortcuts