Team Foundation Server Advanced Topics 2015
Register to Schedule
The Managing Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutions course provides students with the skills required to effectively support a Citrix app and desktop virtualization solution in a Windows Server 2012 environment. This course is based on final product code and is currently available through select Citrix Authorized Learning Centers (CALCs).
Please note: The Early Release course is available through August 16, 2013, via select CALCs, to enable organizations before Citrix XenDesktop 7 is in market. Beginning August 19, 2013, all Early Release courses will be converted to the subsequent version of this course, based on the final product code.
This course prepares learners for the 1Y1-200 Managing Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutions exam, a requirement for the Citrix Certified Associate certification. This exam and certification are currently in development and are expected to release in Q4 2013.
This course is recommended for operators, including Administrators and Engineers that need to manage an existing XenDesktop 7 app and desktop solution. Students will have the skills to successfully support a XenDesktop 7 solution that the majority of Citrix customers implement today.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have:
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
- Experience with Windows Server 2012, specifically:
- Experience with Windows 7 and Windows 8 user interfaces
- Experience with SQL Server 2012, specifically:
- Basic networking knowledge
- Basic storage knowledge (manage existing storage types, add new storage)
- Basics of Citrix licensing
- Familiarity with at least one hypervisor (XenServer, Hyper-V, or vSphere)
- Basic understanding of the different types of profiles (local, roaming, mandatory)
- Basic understanding of certificates, the role of Certificate Authorities, certificate types
- Completed the following courses or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge: CTX-102 Introduction to XenDesktop 7
- Understanding an XenDesktop 7 Solution Architecture
- Delegating Administration and Managing Licenses
- Managing and Monitoring the Hypervisor
- Managing Apps and Desktops
- Managing StoreFront and External Access
- Managing Policies
- Managing User Profiles
- Managing Sessions, Sites, and Users
- Managing Printing
- Managing Personal vDisks and Provisioning Services
- Course Conclusion