The CompTIA A+ program is for students looking to take a leap into the Information Technology support field. This program combines lectures and instructor-led practical application. The curriculum is designed to practice and prepare for the CompTIA A+ certification. Students will gain the skills for Information Technology jobs by learning how to build and maintain computers, install computer operating systems and software applications, and troubleshoot common computer problems. The training teaches how to install, repair, upgrade, configure, optimize, troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance on personal computers and operating systems.
Comp TIA A+ is the industry standard certification for entry-level Information Technology professionals. This course is designed for students to obtain the skills and knowledge necessary to install, build, upgrade, repair, configure, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance on desktop and laptop computer hardware and operating systems. This hands-on content is designed to prepare students for the A+ Essentials examination. This course is ideal for anyone who wishes to begin a career in information technology by becoming a personal computer service technician, or who wants to prepare to take the CompTIA A+ 901 examination.
CompTIA A+ 220-902 covers installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux. It also addresses security, the fundamentals of cloud computing and operational procedures… This hands-on content is designed to prepare students for the A+ Practical examination. This course is ideal for anyone who wishes to begin a career in information technology by becoming a personal computer service technician, or who wants to prepare to take the CompTIA A+ 902 examination.
- Information Technology
- Desktop Support
- Help Desk Agent
- Computer Repair
- Network Associate
- Network Administrator or Associate
- Networking Specialist
- Hardware – Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components and devices
- Windows Operating Systems – Install and support Windows OS including command line & client support
- Software Troubleshooting – Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support
- Networking – Explain types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI and SOHO
- Hardware and Networking Troubleshooting – Troubleshoot device and network issues
- Security – Identify and protect against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections
- Mobile Devices – Install & configure laptops and other mobile devices
- Other OS and Technologies – Understand Mac OS, Linux and mobile OS
- Operational Procedures – Follow best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism
- Successful completion of CompTIA IT Fundamentals course; or
- Current CompTIA IT Fundamentals Certification; or
- Training To YOU Career Pathways CompTIA IT Fundamentals assessment