Today’s computer industry demands knowledgeable security professionals to safe-guard corporate data and provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability both now and in the future. The CompTIA Security+ program will teach you the foundational security skills you’ll need to pass the CompTIA Security+ Exam. This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to be successful on the job. Utilizing practice exams, simulated lab security exercises, and lecture/discussion you will be prepared to succeed in the computer security industry.
The CompTIA Security+ program is for students looking to take a leap into the Information Technology security field. The curriculum combines lecture notes and instructor-guided practical application exercises designed to practice and prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification. Students will gain the skills needed for Information Technology Security jobs by learning how to implement security configurations on computers and network devices, use secure network principles to evaluate risk, and troubleshoot common information systems security problems.
- IT Technician
- Desktop Support
- Help Desk Agent
- Computer Repair
- IT Security Analyst
- Identity Management Analyst.
- Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities – Detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
- Technologies and Tools – Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
- Architecture and Design – Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Identity and Access Management – Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Risk Management – Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact
- Cryptography and PKI – Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure
- Successful completion of CompTIA Network + course; or
- Current CompTIA Network + Certification; or
- Training To YOU Network+ assessment