Every day, millions of email messages are exchanged among people within and between organizations. Email has a ubiquitous presence in the lives of many, and it’s likely that email technologies will continue to evolve with the changing needs of workplaces. After all, email communication has not been replaced, or its growth slowed, as many predicted with the rise of social media and the widespread adoption of mobile technologies. Many organizations have implemented mail management systems that combine the back-end power of Microsoft® Exchange Server and the front-end intuitive user interface of Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2016.
In this course, you will customize command sets, configure mail accounts, set global options, perform advanced searches, apply filters to intercept mail and control spam, create rules to automate many management tasks, work with calendars and contacts, manage tasks, protect data with archiving and data files, as well as share and delegate access to your workspaces. In short, you’ll work with a wide range of features and options and, in so doing, understand why Outlook is a leading personal management system.
This course builds upon the foundational knowledge presented in the Microsoft ® Office Outlook® 2016: Part 1 course and will help you customize a communication system well-suited to your work styles. In addition, this course will help you prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exam for Microsoft Outlook 2016.
In this course, you will use Outlook’s advanced features to customize and manage your email communications, including using advanced features to organize emails; managing calendar settings and options; managing contact information; scheduling tasks; and managing Outlook backups and data file settings.
- Modify messages and set global options.
- Organize, search, and manage messages.
- Manage your mailbox.
- Automate message management.
- Work with calendar settings.
- Manage contacts and groups.
- Manage activities by using tasks.
- Share workspaces with others.
- Manage Outlook data files.
This course is intended for people who have a basic understanding of Microsoft® Windows® and want to know how to use Outlook’s advanced features to manage their email communications, calendar events, contact information, search functions, and other communication tasks.
This course is also designed for students who are preparing for the Microsoft Office Specialist certification and who want to prepare for Microsoft Outlook 2016.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to open and close applications, navigate basic file structures, and manage files and folders. Additionally, it will benefit you to have basic Outlook skills. You can obtain these skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations course:
- Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2016: Part 1
Lesson 1: Working with Calendar Settings
Topic A: Set Advanced Calendar Options
– Work Time Options
– Calendar Options
– Display Options
– Time Zone Options
– How to Manage Advanced Calendar Options
– Managing Advanced Calendar Display Options
Topic B: Create and Manage Additional Calendars
– Additional Calendars
– Overlay Calendars
– Calendar Groups
– How to Manage Multiple Calendars
– Managing Multiple Calendars
Topic C: Manage Meeting Responses
– Meeting Responses
– Meeting Response Management
– Meeting Response Rule
– The Tracking Command
– How to Manage Meeting Responses
– Managing Meeting Responses
Lesson 2: Managing Contacts
Topic A: Import and Export Contacts
– The Import Option
– Secondary Address Books
– The Export Option
– How to Import and Export Contacts
– Importing Your Contacts
Topic B: Use Electronic Business Cards
– Default Electronic Business Cards
– The Edit Business Card Dialog Box
– How to Edit an Electronic Business Card
– Editing an Electronic Business Card
Topic C: Forward Contacts
– Formats to Forward a Contact
– How to Forward Contacts
– Forwarding Contacts
Lesson 3: Managing Activities Using Tasks
Topic A: Assign and Manage Tasks
– Task Request Form
– Task Reply Options
– Task Details
– Status Reports
– Task Options
– How to Manage Tasks
– Managing a Task Assigned to You
Lesson 4: Sharing Workspaces with Others
Topic A: Delegate Access to Outlook Folders
– Permission Roles
– Folder Sharing Permissions
– How to Delegate User Access to Mail Folders Using Permissions
– Delegating Calendar Access
Topic B: Share Your Calendar
– Share Calendar Options
– How to Share Your Calendar
– Sharing Your Calendar with Another User
Topic C: Share Your Contacts
– Share Contacts Command
– View Shared Contacts
– How to Share Contacts
– Sharing Your Contacts with Another User
Lesson 5: Managing Outlook Data Files
Topic A: Use Archiving to Manage Mailbox Size
– How to Archive Messages
– Using Archiving to Manage Mailbox Size
Topic B: Back Up Outlook Items
– Outlook Data Files
– How to Create an Outlook Data File
– Creating a Data File
Topic C: Change Data File Settings
– Data File Settings
– How to Change Data File Settings
– Changing Data File Settings