Meetings, instruction, training, pitches; these are all a part of our daily lives. We are often called upon to deliver presentations with little notice, at multiple venues, and with varying requirements. And, some of these presentations include sensitive information that needs to be guarded. Given all the variables, it may seem an overwhelming task to deliver your content, on time, to all audiences, and to only those who need to see it. Oh, and by the way, you need to make it interesting, informative, and memorable. So, how do you do it? Without the help of a robust set of tools, it would be nearly impossible. But Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2016 provides you with a variety of such tools that can help you deliver content in nearly any situation, while saving time and effort. By taking advantage of these tools, you will be creating presentations that not only stand out from the crowd, but also don’t consume all of your available time.
You can also use the course to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exam for Microsoft PowerPoint 2016.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to customize the PowerPoint 2016 application, and effectively create, collaborate on, secure, and distribute complex multimedia presentations for a variety of situations.
- Modify the PowerPoint environment.
- Customize design templates.
- Add SmartArt and math equations to a presentation.
- Work with media and animations.
- Collaborate on a presentation.
- Customize a slide show.
- Secure and distribute a presentation.
This course is intended for students who have a foundational working knowledge of PowerPoint 2016, who wish to take advantage of the application’s higher-level usability, security, collaboration, and distribution functionality.
To ensure success, students should have experience using PowerPoint 2016, running within the Windows® 10 operating system, to create, edit, and deliver multimedia presentations. To attain this level of knowledge and skills, you can take the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10 or Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 8
- Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2016: Part 1
Lesson 1: Collaborating on a Presentation
Topic A: Review a Presentation
– How to Add and Manage Sections
– Adding and Managing Sections
– The Comments Pane
– How to Add and Manage Comments
– Adding and Managing Comments
– The Revisions Pane
– The Compare Group
– How to Compare and Merge Presentations
– Comparing and Merging Presentations
Topic B: Store and Share Presentations on the Web
– Microsoft OneDrive
– The Save to Cloud Option
– PowerPoint Online
– The Share Pane
– How to Store and Share Presentations on the Web
– Sharing a Presentation on the Web
Lesson 2: Customizing a Slide Show
Topic A: Annotate a Presentation
– Annotation Tools
– How to Annotate a Presentation
– Annotating a Presentation
Topic B: Set Up a Slide Show
– The Presenter View
– The Set Up Show Dialog Box
– How to Set Up a Slide Show
– Setting Up a Slide Show
Topic C: Create a Custom Slide Show
– Custom Slide Shows
– The Custom Shows Dialog Box
– The Define Custom Show Dialog Box
– How to Create a Custom Slide Show
– Creating a Custom Slide Show
Topic D: Add Hyperlinks and Action Buttons
– The Insert Hyperlink Dialog Box
– Action Buttons
– The Action Settings Dialog Box
– How to Add Hyperlinks and Action Buttons
– Adding Action Buttons to a Presentation
Topic E: Record a Presentation
– The Record Slide Show Dialog Box
– The Recording Shortcut Menu
– The Rehearse Timings Feature
– How to Record a Presentation
– Recording a Presentation
Lesson 3: Securing and Distributing a Presentation
Topic A: Secure a Presentation
– Password Protection
– The Mark as Final Feature
– Digital Signatures
– Digital IDs
– The Trust Center Dialog Box
– The Document Inspector Dialog Box
– How to Secure a Presentation
– Securing a Presentation
Topic B: Broadcast a Slide Show
– The Present Online Option
– The Present Online Window
– The Compress Media Option
– How to Broadcast a Slide Show
– Presenting a Slide Show Online
Topic C: Create a Video or a CD
– The Create a Video Option
– How to Convert a Presentation to a Video
– Converting a Presentation to a Video
– The Package Presentation for CD Option
– The Package for CD Dialog Box
– How to Package a Presentation as a CD
– Packaging a Presentation