Learn the basic dynamics of conflict and how to successfully resolve conflict in a respectful and assertive manner in this 3.5 hour course. Topics include causes of conflict, why it’s difficult yet necessary to address conflict, characteristics of effective communicators, common ways people approach conflict, and how to resolve conflict in a collaborative way to ensure a win-win outcome.
- You will understand:
- what causes conflict
- how people approach conflict
- why it’s necessary to resolve conflict
- RESOLVE, a conflict resolution model.
- You will learn how to address conflict in a respectful and assertive manner.
- You will practice resolving conflict using RESOLVE, a conflict resolution model.
This course is intended for professionals, from entry level to executive, who wish to better understand the dynamics of conflict and how to effectively address, manage, and resolve conflict in the work place.
There are no prerequisites required to participate in this course.
Lesson 1 – Understanding Conflict
- Topic A – Defining conflict
- Topic B – Causes of conflict
- Topic C – Why people avoid conflict
Lesson 2 – Addressing Conflict
- Topic A – Common approaches
- Topic B – Appropriate strategies
- Topic C – Personal preferences
Lesson 3 – Resolving Conflict
- Topic A – Communication techniques
- Topic B – RESOLVE – a step by step model to work through conflict
- Topic C – Rewards and benefits